1 Year Startup Visa is available now in TOKYO!
Shibuya, one of the 23 wards in Tokyo, is known as the center for culture and the most startup concentrated area in Japan. We now would like to welcome startups from oversea to make us more diverse. So, this is why we decided to provide 1 year startup visa to entrepreneurs from all over the world
The startup visa system was designed by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Japan which allows entrepreneurs from oversea to stay a six months to establish a company in Japan (can extend another 6 months.) Having a year to prepare for establishing a company in Japan, you are also able to research market and find potential business partners to successfully launch your business and obtain a Business Management visa.
There are several local governments designated to provide startup visa such as Fukuoka city, Aichi Prefecture and others but Shibuya is the first local government to provide 1 year start up visa in Tokyo where nearly 10 million people and 700,000 business exist.
We look forward to welcoming you to Shibuya, the most exciting place to do a business.
Shibuya City will issue a startup visa for specific fields of industry. Here are the fields;
- Health, Medical, Welfare
- Information Technologies
Following documents are required as attachments.
- Implementing Plan（WORD 21KB）
- Process chart of entrepreneurial activities（WORD 15KB）
- CV（WORD 22KB）
- Affidavit（WORD 17KB）
- Document that guarantees your place of residence for six-months after arriving in Japan (copy of rental contract, or application for rental contract, etc.)
- Document that shows your bank account balance (copy of your bank book)
- Document that verifies the content of required documents such as certification from school, contract with previous companies you work and etc.,
- Copy of your passport
- Other documents that allows us to understand your business plan or yourself.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
Once you obtain a startup visa from us, you must have an monthly interview with us. If we observe that you are not conducting any activities related to your business, or you do not have an interview with us, we need to invalidate your visa.
Contact us at our Startup Welcome Service（お問い合わせ）
Please visit Startup Welcome Service for questions not only about visa but incorporation procedures and finding a office space or housing location.
Once you land in Japan, you need a lot of support such as opening a bank account, enrolling social insurance, paying taxes, and going through required administrative procedures. Shibuya City Office with Startup Welcome Service is here for your smooth landing.