Shibuya City Office
Address: 1-18-21 Shibuya
Phone: 3463-1211 (main switchboard)
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
As a Rule, City Office and branch offices are closed on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays and during the December 29 to January 3 New Year's period.
English Interpreting Service
The City Office has an English language interpreting service. Interpreters will help you communicate with the coordinating staff member of each department of the City Office.
Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sign language interpreting
Mondays and Fridays from 1 to 5 p.m.
Please request for assistance at No. 15 counter, Challenged Resident's Welfare Division, 2nd floor.
City Branch Offices
The Shibuya City Office has 10 branch offices. You can visit the nearest branch office to handle the following types of business:
- Obtaining a Certificate on Registered Matters in the foreign resident registry (initial foreign registration procedures are handled by the Foreign Registration Section).
- Proof of personal seal registration (initial seal registration procedures are handled by the Foreign Registration Section).
- Issuance or reissuance of NHI certificate, payment of NHI fee.
- Issuance or reissuance of Public Nursing Care Insurance certificate, payment of premium.
- Payment of special city resident's tax.
- Dog registration and proof of vaccination.
- Registration of pregnancy.
- Temporary automobile license rental and return.
- Application and renewal related to medical care subsidies for chronic illnesses.