Shibuya Station Hachiko Exit
Taisho Era, the dog, not knowing that his master had passed away, frequented the station waiting for him to return.
Shibuya Station Hachiko Exit
Ceramic relief of height 4m?~ width 15m. There are about 20 Akita dogs surrounding Hachiko.
Shibuya Station South Exit, Phone: 04992-5-0048 (Niijima Tourist Association)
Moyai means to "work together" in the dialect of Niijima. The pumice stone is unique to Nijima Island.
Inokashira Line Shibuya Station, Phone: 03-3780-6503
Multi-purpose building with offices, shops and hotel. Opened April 2000
Koen-Dori, in front of Movida building
This statue of a cat was erected in 1986 and the name was chosen by a public contest.
The mechanical clock is located in front of the City Hall. It plays music at 10:00, 12:00, 13:00, 15:00 and 18:00.
Tokyo FM's Satellite Studio located in Parco Part I.
After the Great Kanto Earthquake, the stores were re-built to remember the famous stores that used to stand here. There are many small Japanese restaurants and coffee shops that keep the area busy.
2-24-1 Dogenzaka, Phone: 03-3477-9111
Large and small halls, mini theater and museum are in this cultural building.
31-2 Udagawa-cho, Phone: 03-5458-4331
A small horse theme park. A gallery featuring information about horse racing and horses.
This memorial to the popular singer Yutaka Ozaki features a relief carving of the singer's face and the lyrics of his well-known song 'Map of a 17-year-old'.
18-20 Nanpeidai-cho, Phone: 03-3463-8000
The remodeled residence of the former Prime Minister Takeo Miki has been opened to the public as a memorial hall.
This is the first combined residential and shopping compound, located on Kyu-Yamate dori Street.
17 Daikanyama-cho, Phone: 03-3461-6492 (Daikanyama Address Co-operative Office)
Former Dojunkai Daikanyama Apartment block that has been turned into a new city complex with high-rise apartments and shops, including Shibuya City's Sports Facility, Daikanyama Sports Plaza.
The bridge crosses over the Yamanote-line. Former JNR (current JR) bought this bridge that was used in the World Expo 1906.
1-5 Ebisu Minami (Ebisu Station West Exit)
Local Lions Club erected the statue in 1975.
1-5-5 Ebisu Minami, Phone: 03-5475-8500
The complex was built above JR Ebisu Station and opened in 1997.
4-20 Ebisu, Phone: 03-5423-7111
This new urban complex with offices, a hotel, movie theaters, shops and housing units was completed on the old Sapporo Beer Brewery site in 1994
This complex includes housings, offices and restaurants.
1-1-1 Jinnan, Phone: 03-3481-2200
Japan Amateur Sports Association and related sports associations have their headquarters in this building.
2-1 Yoyogi Kamizono-cho, Phone: 03-3469-6081 (Yoyogi Park Office)
The former grounds of the Imperial Japanese Army became a US military housing area after the World War Two. It was turned into a metropolitan park after being used as the athletes' village during the Tokyo Olympic Games in 1970.
Jingumae 6-chome and Jinnan 2-chome
Due to the opening of JR Yamanote line, the bridge was build to replace the former main street that existed from Edo era.
This walkway is made from natural stones to give appropriate ammount of stimulation if you walk with bare feet.
Jingumae 4-5 chome
In 1920, this avenue was completed as the main walkway to Meiji Jingu Shrine. The zelkova trees planted the year after has added much to the scene.
Jingumae 4-5 chome
These rails were installed to protect the zelkova trees. They also serve as benches for the visitors.
After the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923, these Doujunkai apartments were build with the donations from all over the world. Under the Urban redevelopment plans, the apartments are being reconstructed.
4-11-7 Jingumae, Phone: 03-5771-7711
This is an integrated center to present information about the industry, culture and tourism of Niigata Prefecture.
Yoyogi Kamizono-cho, Phone: 03-3379-5511 (Meiji Jingu Administration Office)
Built in 1920, the shrine is dedicated to Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken.
Gyoen (Inner Garden)
This Japanese-style garden was originally part of the Edo residences of the Kato Family of Higo and the Ii Family of Hikone. There are 1,500 iris plants in the iris garden.
O-Torii Gate (The Second Torii)
Largest wooden torii gate in Japan
Found at the end of Gyoen is said to have been made by Kiyomasa Kato.
The main complex consists of main hall with 'Nagare-zukuri' style, an inside prayer hall and and inner sanctum.
Imperial Treasure House
Preserves and exhibits many items that can give a glimpse of the lifestyle of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken.
1-18-20 Jingumae, Phone: 03-3401-0745
This distinctive English half-timber style station was constructed in 1924.
The miniature model of Harajuku Village recreates the scene when Harajuku was a small post town on the Kamakura Kaido.
The bridge joins the Harajuku Station and Meiji Jingu Shrine.
Jingumae 6-chome to Yoyogi Kamizono-cho
The bridge goes over the Yamanote line and joins the Omotesando and Yoyogi Park.
The street, filled with young shoppers, connects the JR Harajuku Station Takeshita Exit and Meiji-dori.
1-5-3 Jingumae Togo Shrine Grounds,Phone: 03-3425-7965 (organized by Tokyo Antique Market Association)
About 140 stalls opens on 1st, 4th and 5th Sundays.
4-8 Yoyogi Kamizono-cho, Phone: 03-3370-0984
Founded in 1921, the club is open to visitors for a ride.
2-39-9 Sendagaya, Phone: 03-3408-6161
The hall, built to promote Japanese chess, shogi, holds both amateur and professional shogi matches.
Sendagaya 6-chome, Phone: 03-3350-0151
The park, 583,000 square meters in size, spreads on both Shibuya and Shinjuku cities.
5-24-2 Sendagaya, Phone: 03-5361-1122
The huge multi-purpose building houses various stores, a cinema and a theater.
The complex has a high-rise hotel, offices and stores.