Shibuya City makes every effort to be accerssible to its residents and loved by them for its wealth of greenery,cultural activities and opportunities for relaxation. Those of us who live, study, work or simply get together to enjoy ourselves in Shibuya, would like to continue this tradition, protecting the basic rights of each individual and deepening friendships. We wish to participate in city planning by sharing ideas and working together in a practical way to create a city that is constantly improving. In commemoration of the 65th anniversary of the founding of the city, we hereby proclaim the Shibuya Citizen's Charter.
- We will help to make Shibuya a city with meaningful welfare programs and a place where all citizens help each other.
- We will help to make Shibuya a city that nurtures human sensitivity and features many lively and creative activities.
- We will help to make Shibuya a city that is filled with natural greenery and protects the natural environment for future generations.
- We will help to make Shibuya a city with a distinctive personality that is recognized worldwide as something distinguishable from Tokyo.
- We will help to make Shibuya a city a safe and peaceful city in which everyone can continue to lead a happy and healthy life.
(enacted October 1, 1997)